Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Generation Gap?
Sometimes I wonder if Ella is taking after her grandparents more than her parents. Her tidiness, for one, seems unlikely to have been inherited (or even learned) from either of her parents, but my dad and Andrew's mom do have that trait. This morning I saw her do something that was 100% Milt. She asked me to turn on some cartoons for her. I did then returned to whatever I was doing in the bathroom at the end of the hall. Ella stood in the doorway of the living room and watched the tv for about twenty minutes in that pose. This just happens to be the pose my dad (who could never commit to wasting so much time sitting down to watch tv) watched about 75% of his tv intake while I was growing up. His M.O. was to stop in mid-stride between the hallway and the outside door, arrested by whatever we had on; suspended in mid-animation for long stretches while trying to supress the internal conflict pulling him at once towards his to-do list and likewise keeping his feet firmly in place. All Ella needs is to perfect the weight-shifting rock and her transformation will be complete.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that cracks me up! these things run deep. love it.
Post a Comment