Monday, April 13, 2009

Bumped to Business

We were surprised when we got to the airport almost 1 1/2 hours before our Aeroflot flight departed to learn that all the other passengers had already checked in (it turns out most of them were part of some touring school music group) and that there were no more seats left together. Since we were traveling with our little VIP, Ella, she who always manages to get us to the front of any line in an airport, I wasn't worried. They would never let an infant sit alone, not even on a Russian airline. And they didn't. Instead they bumped us to business class (those musicians must have really wanted to stay together). After two years of traveling quite a bit with a infant/toddler, I have to say that there really is no such thing as "business class" when you're a mom, but the food is usually better. This lunch came with some questionable appetizers though, salmon/sour cream blini sandwiches and red caviar. Before I realized it, Ella had popped three of the little red balls into her mouth. She made a funny puckering face, but ate a few more; then stopped. I guess it's okay for kids to eat caviar, if they want to, right? She probably won't get a chance for another twenty years or so. And she wasn't so keen on the rest of her lunch after that.

No comments: