Sunday, March 8, 2009
Very Open House
Last week President and Sister Cranney had an open house for both of the new district presidencies and their families. There were about 45 people total, including quite a few children. About 3/4 through the evening I came to the realization that our child was by far the most rambunctious child in the group. She monopolized most of the open space to display her "fancy moves" to anyone who would watch, and then tried to get her new acquaintance, Masha, to join in. She must have done at least 25 somersaults.
Masha in the red sweater, being encouraged by Ella.
Ella giving the reluctant Masha an unwelcome congratulatory/fraternal hug.
This was her look after a particularly impressive somersault.
Now I think I have a better appreciation of how my parents felt after we behaved badly in front of company (which was often). When we took our leave, Ella capped off the evening with a grand mal tantrum-- her final 'fancy move'. Only when she was restrained in the straight-jacket confines of her carseat did she stop screaming. I guess that means she had a really fun time. As for me, I kept wondering why no one else's kid was quite so noisy and disruptive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
GRAND MAL TANTRUM!!! I'm laughing right now!!!
that cracks me up!!
Post a Comment