Friday, February 20, 2009

New Calling, New Branch

A few weeks ago Andrew informed me that the mission president wanted to meet with us. I was pretty sure it meant a new calling, and I hoped it was for Andrew. I was curious as to what the calling might be, but I didn't have the usual feeling of mild trepidation-- it was the first time I knew that the calling couldn't be more challenging or time consuming than the calling he presently held. So we arranged babysitting and made a two hour trek out to the mission president's house in rush hour traffic after Andrew got off work. President Cranney extended the call to be the second counselor in the newly re-organized district presidency. The following Sunday the change was made, and last Sunday I returned to the international branch. It was so nice to be back with my friends and to understand everything said in the meetings and to be able to participate. Andrew had been branch president of the Rechnoi Branch, a Russian branch in the city, for 18 months, and Ella and I have been attending with him. We learned a lot from the experience, but I am grateful to finally be back in the international branch, which feels more like home to me.

2 comments:

Hammy said...

It doesn't sound like it is going to be easier or less time consuming. . . But nice for your Sundays.

blindblogger said...

Christine I'm so happy for you guys. It's things like this that seem to happen just at the point you think you can't handle it anymore. How hillarious that District Presidency is an easier calling than what he has now. For most it would be harder. This is great news.