Friday, October 31, 2008

The Lame List

It took Tiffany and I a while to compose our lame list, and it took me even longer (2 months approximately) to find it, refine it, and post it. But here it is in all its glory; the ten things I think are lame:

10. Wearing scrubs in public
9. Crocs; especially on men
8. Proximity to Russia proffered as a qualification to hold national executive office
7. "Muffin Tops" (that band of adipose tissue that protrudes from the top of overly tight, low- rise jeans paired with overly tight shirts and results from an apparent dearth of full length mirrors in Utah County)
6. White framed sunglasses on men
5. Russia
4. Iceburg lettuce
3. T-shirts worn under tanktops
2. "Native" pronunciations of place names ie) "Chilay" for "Chile"
1. The phrase "I've got news for you."

4 comments:

Elisa said...

I'm with you on the muffin tops. Do these girls seriously not own a mirror??

Becky Cox said...

Mike and I have laughed endlessly about "CHEElay"(always accompanied by the explanation that in CHEElay its pronounced that way). For awhile we actually only called Moscow "Moskva" to that uncle and aunt, of course we always followed it with a cheesy smile and the explanantion that no one in Moscow calls it that...

disagree on your "Russia" listing. you need to be more specific...

Hazzy said...

Wasn't your dad a doctor?

Christine Sandgren said...

Yes, but Dr. Brinton, like most real doctors, never wore the scrubs in public.