Tuesday, October 14, 2008

6 Quirks

A few weeks ago my friend Carrie called on me to disclose six quirks about myself. It took some thinking. Everything I do is so normal. I finally asked Andrew and he came up with a list longer than six in less than six minutes, so I guess I'm quirkier than I think. So here are my six, in no particular order:
1. I find Rowan Atkinson (aka Mr. Bean) attractive
2. I (apparently) slurp whilst drinking cocoa or eating cereal
3. I prefer carbonnated water to still
4. I get psychosomatic morning sickness whenever attempting to get pregnant, regardless of whether I actually am pregnant, or whether it acutally is morning
5. I somambulistically remove clothes while sleeping
6. I eat candycorns with cheese, usually in some sandwich type formation

We also took the time to jot down some of Andrew's quirks, though the two of us together could barely get to six. He's much more normal (read: boring) than me.
1. Never uses the parking break
2. Spent ten days in Italy and ordered the same dish at every restaurant: Spaghetti with marinara sauce
3. Flosses before brushing
4. Sleeps with ankles crossed
5. Loathes hat hair
6. No matter the time fo day, he always brushes his teeth before leaving the house

Of course, as we were listing quirks, we couldn't help thinking of some possessed by one of my favorite people, my dad. We had way more than six, but here is the best of the list:
1. An adherent of the exercise regime of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police
2. Unable to distinguish between people treats and dog treats (or people treats and bath beads sometimes)
3. Can eat several pounds of licorice in a single sitting without noticing
4. (despite the above mentioned) Successfully maintains his weight within 8 pounds of his high school graduation weight
5. Never checks luggage
6. At 59 is thrilled to be driving his dream car, a 2006 Toyota Corolla

So now I'm supposed to name six more people who are likewise to list six quirks about themselves. I don't think six people actually read this blog, so I don't know how effective it will be, but here goes. I nominate: Suzanne, Dan (Ashley already did hers), Jameson, Wendy, Elisa and Scott.

3 comments:

Elisa said...

I've been "tagged" by a couple of my friends for this same thing, so I'll have to get on it! Your lists were great.

blindblogger said...

Christine, hillarious as usual. I'll make sure Dan does his. I enjoyed reading the quirks about your dad after having spent the week with him. None of those quirks came out while he was here, but we noticed he rocks back and forth. Hasn't got it out of him since having you kids. We had a great time.

Scott said...

Just curious, what is the exercise regimen of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police?