Monday, January 26, 2009

Ella Update

I don't think I ever appreciated how quickly a two year old changes and evolves until I had one move in with me. They seem so static from the outside (yep, still small, still walking, still blonde, etc...). So I thought it was time to provide an update of all the exciting things going on in Ella's life, starting with a list of her favorites.

Favorite food-- Cheese
Favorite color-- Purple (pronounced "purpur")
Favorite movie-- Tree Medvedya, Russian cartoon of Goldilocks and the Three Bears
Favorite book-- "Pinkalicious" (referred to as "girl")
Favorite number-- 2, easy to count to
Favorite shirt-- Purple My Little Pony shirt from GAP, care of her Aunt Alyson, who really knows how to make little girls happy.
Favorite passtime-- Changing dollies' diapers. Sadly, she's not as keen to have her own diaper changed.
Favorite sentence-- "Ella do." Heard about 25 times a day by parents
Favorite doll-- Bitty Baby from grandma. How does she know it's the nicest doll?
Favorite toy-- My Little Ponies
Favorite activity-- taking baths, especially if there is a washcloth involved so that she can 'clean' the tub thoroughly.
Favorite song-- San Francisco Bay Blues by Eric Clapton (usually accompanied by jumping on the bed)
Favorite New Year's Resolution-- To be like Eliza Calaway in every way.
Mom's favorite time of the day-- right before bed when we read stories and sing a bedtime song. It's the only time of day she holds still, listens (somewhat) attentively, and cuddles.

2 comments:

blindblogger said...

What a great thing to capitalize on, especially since you don't live near Eliza. Anything you want Ella to do you can just Tell her Eliza does it. Awesome.

Melissa Milewski said...

I love that her favorite shirt is my little pony... :)