Friday, January 16, 2009

Best Christmas Present

Sometimes when we fly we get upgraded on the domestic leg of the trip. Now that we're buying a separate ticket for Ella, it is a little more complicated. She never gets upgraded because she's not medallion (yet). On the flight from SLC to New York, Andrew and I got upgraded, but Ella didn't. So we decided I would take Ella with me in first class while Andrew flew coach alone and got some sleep (we both agreed that coach alone is better than first class with a toddler). When we got to New York, Andrew got upgraded to first class for the leg back to Moscow. He let me take his spot while he did the last and hardest leg of the trip with Ella back in coach. It was my first time flying without Ella in two years, and my first time in international business class. In short, it was my best flight ever. I got plenty of sleep, enjoyed great food, and plenty of movies. Andrew got his first experience flying alone with a toddler. It was such a great present.

2 comments:

blindblogger said...

Love it. And I love the story about the car. I think us expats tend to develop a love/hate relationship with the countries that host us.

Elisa said...

That's fantastic!