Thursday, June 25, 2009

Traveling

Ella has always been a good traveller. So on the way to the Salt Lake City airport on Tuesday morning, I wasn't surprised that she didn't make much noise in the back of the car. But I was surprised when I heard an inexplicable splashing noise eminating from the back. I turned around to see vomit spewing from her mouth. In between bouts of throwing up she sputtered pathetically "I spitting up." There was really nothing we could do about it. We just kept driving until we arrived at the curb. Then we pulled our girl out, took off her clothes, wiped her down with some wet-wipes and dressed her in her backup outfit. The poor kid didn't complain, except when we arrived in Houston and she had to sit in her wet and smelly carseat again for the ride home. At least there were no more incidents of illness on the way home. I'm chalking it up to car-sickness since there was no fever.

3 comments:

Elisa said...

Oh man! Weren't we just talking about how everytime you come to Utah one or all of you get sick!!? That's crazy! I'm glad it was just the one time!

Christine Sandgren said...

I'm glad it was a rental car.

slopfam said...

Thank goodness that didn't continue on the plane. I can only imagine how awful that would have been!